Directions Magazine has a upcoming Webinar on August 27, 2014 from 1-2pm CDT on Operating UAVs in U.S. Airspace – the Legal Implications. This is the first in a continuing series from Directions on UAVs. Most Directions webinars are recorded so sign up and review it on demand later.
Here are some details:
The introduction of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), or “drones,” into the U.S National Airspace System for commercial use raises a number of complex legal and policy issues. Understanding what is currently permitted is made more challenging by almost-daily reports of new court decisions, proposed regulations, possible executive orders and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) approvals granted for certain restricted uses. This webinar will clarify the current status of UAVs in the United States and raise important future issues.
In this webinar you will learn about:
- The FAA’s current policy directing the operation of UAVs for commercial purposes and the integration of UAVs within the National Airspace System
- Privacy issues related to the commercial operation of UAVs
- Proposed legislation that could impact commercial use of UAVs
NOTE: This is the first in a series relating to UAVs. In the coming months look for additional webinars on the opportunities, threats and responsibilities of UAVs in Higher Education and on student learning experiences in courses employing UAVs.
- Kevin Pomfret, Director, Center for Spatial Law and Policy
- Joe Francica, Editor in Chief, Directions Magazine